LESSON PLANS 2022 (2nd half) Lesson 5 Fruity still-life, own choice medium.
In this lesson I'm asking my students to give one more session to their fruity still-lifes but this time using the medium of their choice. Depending on chosen media there are various ways of thinking...which is what the lesson plan discusses below. Above is a selection of fruity work in various media - by which to be influenced - including pencil drawings, watercolours, collage, oils and various mixes of media.
Winter term, 2nd half 2022. Lesson 5. Medium of your choice for a fruity still-life.
· Set up your still life (or have the image you’re working from to hand).
· Think about the medium you’ve chosen and the way that you might work with it.
· Might it be the loose and layered watercolour that we used in the first project this term? In which case you’ll think about any light places to be left light (white) and about shapes to be ‘revealed’ through each layer if your paint.
· If you feel you need confirmation of your use of pastels, or that you wanted to experiment with them again you can use pastels.
· You might decide you’re going to use oils or acrylics, you’ll mix blue and brown on your palette and then draw on your paper/board/canvas with your brush using the blue/brown mix. Work tonally with the shapes of your still-life and then gradually introduce colour making sure to keep the tones good.
· You might choose to make a detail pencil or charcoal study of your still-life.
Next lesson, last lesson before Christmas: A Fun Thing! With pen but bring some colour pencils in case you want to add colour.