LESSON PLANS SRPING TERM 2022 (2nd half) Lesson 6 Creating weird and wonderful faces!
In this lesson I'm asking my students to play with the elements of a face using collage, paint and line (pencil, colour pencils, pen etc.). There are some exciting examples here which should s[park ideas for experimentation!
Spring term, 2nd half 2022. Lesson 6 – mixed media including collage.
An end of term special – creating weird and wonderful faces with collage and mixed media.
· You’ll need scissors, magazines, glue stick, paint (watercolours and white paint), pencils etc.
· Look at my slide show for inspiration.
· This is an opportunity to experiment with various media while continuing to think about the elements of a face and how they normally would ‘sit’ together.
· Using images of faces from magazines, newspapers or any publications you can find, tear them into individual pieces and play with putting them together.
· Remember that the elements of a face have a relationship to each other. You are being conscious of the spaces between the main face elements.
· Having said the above – you are going to play with those in-between spaces and create faces which we recognise as humorous, entertaining, possibly making a point about a well-known person’s character (could you make a Putin face?).
· To recap…you’re going to cut, glue, draw, paint, create some weird and wonderful faces, thinking all the time to break the rules you’ve learned about the positioning, scale and correctness of a face and its elements!
Next lesson, summer term!!: Bring a very simple-form still life, plain bottles, vases, vessels etc. We’re going to do a tonal still life project. You’ll need pencils and sketch books for the first lesson.