LESSON PLANS WINTER TERM 2023 (2nd half) Lesson 6: Finish dog/horse paintings or do a 'fun thing'.
Above is a selection of finished pieces from the dog/horse project in various media.
The work emerging from the dog/horse project has produced lovely experimental results, so some of my students will wish to continue and finish that project in this week's lesson. Others will have what I call an 'unravelly' drawing to do - we'll be looking at the drawings of one particular artist who used a strong and fluid line in his work. This will be the final session before Christmas - we'll begin again early in the new year.
Winter Term 2nd half 2023 – lesson 6: Finishing the dogs and horses – or working with a strong and fluid line on the unravelly drawings.
· You can either continue with the dog/horse project depending on whether or not you finished it in the last session. Or you can do the unravelly drawing.
· Using pen or pencil, in this drawing you’ll be looking to use a strong and fluid line – no fuzzy lines! Look also for the thinness and thickness of the lines, look for a line changing the quality of itself along one continuous line.
· Remember the process, open one section at a time of your unravelly picture. Look at only one section at a time so that if you’ve finished one section and move onto the next, fold away the section you’ve worked on.
· This means that you won’t see the whole of the drawing you’re working from until you’ve finished your own drawing.
· When you’ve finished all six sections, you will see your drawing complete. Then you can open the page you were working from and compare the two!
Next lesson, 1st lesson of Spring Term 2024, early in the new year: Still-life of tiny things. Bring buttons, shells, rocks, a collection of tiny things to make a still-life. Bring sketch books, charcoal and a very good eraser. We’re going to work with a darkened page and rubbing out the light places.